The mark scheme for your coursework:
For your pieces:
For your commentaries:
From the specification:
Mode of Assessment
Assessment will be by the production of a coursework folder. The work will be assessed by the candidate’s teacher and then externally moderated by AQA. The folder will contain:
two pieces of writing
two accompanying commentaries, and should conform to the following:
• the total length of the two pieces of writing should be between 1500 and 2500 words
• the total length of the two commentaries should be 1000 words
• the two pieces of writing should be differentiated in terms of primary purpose, audience and genre.
In addition they should include:
• explicitly referenced sources (paper and webbased)
• annotated style model(s) and evidence of early planning / preparation.
The writing folder will be worth a maximum of 50 marks.
The commentaries will be worth a maximum of 30 marks.
The maximum total mark for this unit is 80.